Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ivory White Moslem Long Dress

What? This is not kebaya....Yeahhh You Are Absolutely Right...and why so????

It is quite uncommon for us to upload photos other than kebaya but we are gonna make an exception because somehow this one are just too fabulous to be left out... 

This one accidentally born because we cannot find the right fabric for our client's kebaya. So the story started with our client asked me to make an ivory white kebaya. The process of making kebaya is not really a rocket science however due to our client specific demand in which she wants to make kebaya that can make her look more voluptuous, I have to use a fully patterned brocade. Well this is different and quite a challenge since common request are usually on how to our client look slimmer.  At first, I try to find fully patterned brocade with the right color, but I could not find any hence I have to steer to other direction and create a moslem long dress. 



The idea to make one gracious moslem dress is how to make it look simple yet beautiful. Thus I pick chiffon as an overlay for giving an elegance and floating appearance to the dress. But using chiffon as an overlay means I have to use at least 6 to 7 meters for chiffon only and extra 3 meters of sateen as the underlay. So, to make this one beautiful simple dress, I have to use at least 10 meters fabric. Picking the right hue is another problem...since I want to make a sophisticated moslem dress, I do not want to make it look old and dull. Hence, as an overlay, I pick an ivory white chiffon. Different with the overlay, I use pinkish yellow sateen. The hue is not really yellow yet not so pink either, but surely it can out stand the overlay.


Surely embroidery is a must.. I pick nude color instead of yellow to make it a little bit stand out.. the pattern itself similar with necklace. Actually, I want to add beads to the embroidery just to spice up things..but nonetheless, the embroidery itself is already stands out. 













This is how it looks from behind...actually I want to add an extra embroidery on the back. But, since I ran out of time hence this is the final looks. However, when our client try this out...it fits her perfectly and looks gracious and that is why I decide to write a post about this moslem gown... 

No comments:

Post a Comment